Autor Wątek: ZX-Evolution Rev.CV 2024 4Mb  (Przeczytany 1158 razy)

Solegstar

• Miejsce pobytu:
    Krakow
ZX-Evolution Rev.CV 2024 4Mb
« dnia: 2024.02.26, 13:24:14 »
Good day to all!

In this forum topic I would like to discuss such a Spectrum-compatible computer as the zx-evolution. Surely many on this forum have heard about it.

I am currently modifying the original board version C with eliminating identified inconveniences, various changes and additions.
The current tested version of the board is "CV" and this is a continuation of the revision of the "СS" board that was released in 2023. I released the board "CV" in 2024.

what's new on the pcb zx-evo Rev.CV relative to the original version C:

- a connector for the Sega gamepad has been added instead of the RS232 connector;
- a universal footprint has been made for the ATX connector;
- HDAUDIO connector has been added for convenient audio output and tape input/output to the front panel of the computer case;
- the IDE connector has also been improved with a 5V power supply connected to it, for VDAC2;
- an additional connector was added for connecting VDAC2 directly to the board using a regular 10-wire cable, without additional adapters. Now the video output of VDAC2 is actually connected to the VGA connector of the board itself.

In the future, there are plans to improve the board to support two gamepads.

Feel free to ask about the computer in my PM or here in the forum thread, about its repair or anything else. I will help as much as I can.

Best regards, Oleh Starychenko aka Solegstar

PS: Can I add some photos here?

paroos

• Miejsce pobytu:
    BB
Odp: ZX-Evolution Rev.CV 2024 4Mb
« Odpowiedź #1 dnia: 2024.02.27, 14:36:27 »
Hello!
I apologize for my ignorance, but I am not very familiar with this project.
Is ZX-Evo Rev.CV an openhardware project? Where can I find materials to build it?
Z80 --> 48K, 48K+, 128K+2/+3, CPC 464/6128, C128D, Canon V-20, Panasonic FS-A1F, Sega SC-1000, Enterprise 64, NEC PC-6601/PC-8001/PC-8801mkII SR, Sharp MZ-700/MZ-2521, Sharp-X1C, Toshiba Pasopia 7, Sord M5 :)

Tygrys

• Administrator
  • Miejsce pobytu:
    Warszawa
  • mistrz ceremonii
« Odpowiedź #2 dnia: 2024.02.27, 15:54:30 »
hello Solegstar,

Do we have any updates/changes made by TSLab?

Solegstar

• Miejsce pobytu:
    Krakow
« Odpowiedź #3 dnia: 2024.02.27, 16:22:31 »
Is ZX-Evo Rev.CV an openhardware project?

Yes, it is fully openhardware project.

Where can I find materials to build it?

As I understand first message of topic I can`t modify, so I add link of the project ZX-Evo rev.CV in this message.
Here is the link to archive with all files of project - schematic diagram, pcb and gerbers - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dFk4hcyAjhQuTJTpL132PWD4oJKE_o_T/view?usp=sharing

Now it is available only on my googledrive, but in future it will be available in SVN of NedoPC Group here - http://svn.zxevo.ru/listing.php?repname=pentevo&path=%2Fpcad%2Fsolegstar%2F&#a1ac58076e592700c0a7d0d430fa750ea

At this moment in SVN available previous version of ZX-Evo - Rev.CS

Firmware available here - https://github.com/tslabs/zx-evo/tree/master/pentevo/avr/current/default

Solegstar

• Miejsce pobytu:
    Krakow
« Odpowiedź #4 dnia: 2024.02.27, 16:26:05 »
Do we have any updates/changes made by TSLab?

Yes, at this moment firmware support Sega GAMEPAD standard by default at master branch in TS-Lab`s GitHub.

ZX-Evo rev.CS and rev.CV support this standard by default on pcb.